Oil and Filter Change Update

• I just wanted to post this in case anyone else has noted this before. I cahnged my oil and filter last week and migrated to Castrol Edge fully synthetic oil. Two things worthy of note:

1) The oil light goes out virtually immediately on start up. Before was 4ish seconds

2) The engine temperature is now 2-3 mm lower on the dial than before. It used to always be top dead centre.

On Friday, I fill her up with fuel and have kept a running spreadsheet for over a year. Will be interesting if there is any difference. Will post another update.

The oil was thick and black and over 6000 miles old according to the information I have.

Cheers
    Bob
    850CI
    :top:

• The oil viscosity of synthetics when cold allows them to flow better and so the light will go out sooner. I have always run mobil 1 0w-40.

I cannot see, however, how this would affect the temperature gauge, as on BMWs there needs to be a vey large difference from "normal" for the gauge to deviate from centre.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!