supercharger automatic problem

• Zitat von TERMINATOR;93234

Mounted a new MAF today, and everything is working perfect!!:driver: Waiting on a e34 m5 3,91 differential to put on the car , are really excited to how that will affect the car. I will let you know..

I appreciate this is an old thread but I was curious about the relationship between the MAF and the gear-change at engine revs close to rev limiter. I have the 840 (4.4i). Engine is stock but I have fitted a 3.91 LSD Differential and have a customer exhaust that has eliminated the centre silencer (replaced with "x" pipe) and fast-flow 100-cell cats. The car revs very easily and I find that I am hitting the rev limiter under hard acceleration and the car is not changing up a gear, fast-enough, so the engine splutters due to the rev limiter. This is with the gearbox in Sports mode. Does this indicate a problem with the MAF?

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• It doesn't really matter what diff is fitted once you are out of 1st gear. Sport mode shifts gears around 5750 when the throttle is flat on the floor - are you misfiring before then?

• Hi Timm,
    The car is misfiring when it hits to maximum revs, I don't think it is changing gear early enough or fast enough.

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• Have a look at the rev gauge - is it going over 5750 RPM? You might be hearing a long-standing problem which was masked by the efficient BMW exhaust system, and now you can hear everything that is going on!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!