Hide horns

• Have the CSI styling. Looks really stupid with the horns hanging where they do. Looks like I miss the two pieces ( see picture attached).

#51712252004 M tech air duct (Which cover the horns) Have a short edition about half the dept of the one in the picture attached. And it does not cover the horns.

#51711970184 Engine compartment screening What about this? Do most of you have this?

Are they connected in any way? No matter, I need to have both. Easy install?

• Neither of those will cover the horns. The top part in the picture fills the gap between the engine and the front cross member - to which the horns are attached. The bottom part in the picture fits between the upper surface of the csi spoiler lip and the lower edge of the radiator. The horns are not covered so the sound can radiate effectively.

Hope this is helpful

MB

• " The bottom part in the picture fits between the upper surface of the csi spoiler lip and the lower edge of the radiator"

Yes, then I do not see the horns when I stand in front of the car. That is what I´m after. Didn´t mean cover them entirely...

Thank you MB

Og Terje, husker jeg kikka på bilen din når du hadde den på bukk i Sverige. Så du hadde den frontdingsen. Men kan ikke huske du hadde beskyttelsesplata under? Begynner nesten bli usikker sjøl jeg nå... får sjekke når jeg kommer hjem ;)

• Jepp jeg har begge to , ligger under bilen akkuratt nå :harhar: og skifter radiatorslanger og bytter frostveske.

Det fremste dekselet vil dekke hornene slik att du ikke der dem innimellom frontintaket , det neste ligger rett bak festet med 4 skruer.

Hilsen Terje

• Lerbrekk,

The top part in the pic, 51711970184 is very easy to fit, just 4 bolts hold it just behind the cross-member with the horns attached to the air boxes either side under the bumper.

I think the p/n for the part at the bottom of the picture is 51711970246. Sorry, I now understand, this covers the horns when viewed from the front.;-)

Can't see p/n 51712252004 listed on BMWfans.:dontknow:

Cheers

MB

• Yes, 51711970246 http://www.bmwetk.com/parts-ca…31/51/51_2000/51711970246 is what I have today.

51712252004 directs me to the same picture but for 850 CSI M-technic supplement. I have a individual with factory equipped CSI bumpers/diffuser etc.For me to cover the front-opening and the horns I need this part.A longer/deeper edition than the lower one in the picture in the first post.I know CSI with AHK have an extra cooler and so on and are somewhat different. But I can´t see any reason that I can´t use this?

Anyone know what M-technic really means? Is it just because it´s an Individual with the CSI bumpers, M-tech steering wheel and so on?

Thanks!

Thor-Egil

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!