• Hi all, last week I ordered a set of 8mm magnecores through a tuning website. This afternoon I received a call from the tuning company saying they've had magnecore on the phone saying that the 8mm have been subject to some technical issues recently and they've withdrawn the 8mm for our cars:dontknow:

They have said that the 7 & 8.5 are still available.

I decided on the 8mm magnecore's as they seem to have had good reports from fellow 8er owners.

Will the 7mm be just as good or is there another make for 8mm's
    Anyone help?

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• Gerry's your man.

I bought the Magnecor KV85's from Phoenix a couple of years ago. The specification is a bit unnecessary and they don't fit in the cable carriers but Gerry convinced me they were top quality and was happy to go with his advice. I am happy with them and they came in Red as well.:top:

Good luck

Cheers
    Graham

• Hi Wayne,

From the conversation I had at the time I think the 7mm are perfectly good and are actually a direct replacement for the originals. Because I was changing them anyway I just felt that an upgrade was the way to go.

What would we do without predicaments!!

Cheers
    Graham

• Yes, the 8.5's do not fit the carriers although the 8's do at a squeeze.

I was advised that they were of such high performance they could even sit on the exhaust manifold.

The only issue I had (Gerry didn't agree with me) was that leads 1-6 were too long by 125mm. When I fitted them, lead 1 in particular was looped back on itself so much that it looked ridiculous and the rest hung down onto the manifold. I sent them back and they trimmed them by 125mm and IMHO they fitted much better.

I have attached a picture of the mess they looked before trimming that I sent to Magnecor. I didn't take one after fitting, but trust me they look better. I think Magnecor have used a template from an original set that have to feed through the carriers.

Cheers
    Graham

• Zitat von wayneblackwell1000;106053

fingers crossed they're up to scratch.

They'll be absolutely fine Wayne and no problems using the carriers which are much neater anyway.

Is it too soon to ask whether you are enjoying the V12 as much as the previous V8's?

What were your concerns or expectations when you decided on the V12?

Cheers
    Graham

• I thought magnecor do not recommend using the carriers? I've got spacers so I'm sorted either way.

I'm enjoying working on it but its not ready to be driven yet. Things being fitted / changed in the next few days are the leads with new dizzy caps & arms. Gearbox & diff oil. I'm then off to get a full stainless exhaust - still not decided how throaty I want her to sound.

To be honest I didnt have any concerns or expectations. I know its going to be a fair while before she is up to the standards of most on here but thats what I'm enjoy doing.

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!