The B12 5.0 is gone.........funny how things happen!

• It is funny how things happen when you least expect it. I was contacted by someone earlier this week who inquired about our Alpina 5.0. As many of you know and followed, I spent the past 3 years restoring the 5.0, then was to have it displayed at the Zentrum BMW Museum. Anyway, after a few exchanges of emails an calls this week, the Alpina B12 5.0 was sold to a very nice guy from South Florida. It is joining his collection of BMWs: A Z8, a 3.0Cs, an 850 CSi and two other Alpinas. - a B10 and B11.

When he picked it up on a trailer this afternoon after we agreed on a price yesterday, it was strange to see it drive away. To be honest, I was not as sad to see it go as I thought I would be. I guess it is because I have already started on my next project, one that has taken over the space in the garage and will shortly be elevated onto jack stands to assume the position in the garage the 5.0 has had for the past few years.

I acquired an Alpina B12 5.7 which I have already started the restoration project - I just got it and all the pieces back from the painter 2 weeks ago, so now the fun begins again. I guess that is why I was not heartbroken to see the 5.0 drive off, because I am really excited about the 5.7 restoration.

Pictures to follow.........I guess I really am mad!!!!!!!

BMW 850 CSi
    BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America
    Editor, E31 NEWS International E31 Newsletter

• Thanks Roger for sharing this interesting info. I can understand your position absolutly, and if the circumstance to sell such your Car turned out to be in such a way, you will have even more fun with your remaining project. And finally, you do not have to argue, which car to take out for a ride :grin2:

• Top Roger, 5.7 is higher than 5.0......:harhar:

E31, the road to go!:winkwink:
    Dick
    President BMW Club E31 Nederland
    President BMW 8er Clubs International(B8CI)
    President Federatie Nederlandse BMW Clubs(FNBC)
    President BMW Auto Clubs Nederland(BACN)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!