Let me present myself and my 850i

• Hello everybody,

This is my first posting on this forum. I am Peter Akemark and is the proud owner of a 850i from 1992. I have had my 850i since June 2014 and the time until today have been a wonderful time. I and my wife have done some long trips over Europe without any major problems, a few "Emergency programs" resulting in a half engine due to mostly ignition problems. Oil leakage from the engine due to loose bolts holding the oil pans, both upper and lower pans and 2 broken distributors. I still have an A/C that loses gas and I cant find the leakage. My profession is the engineer(E) with a prevailing interest in electronics/audio/acoustics. It only took some minutes the first time I sat in the car before my head started to draw plans including a new steering wheel with multi function buttons, a new MID/OBC with a GPS and some other niceties that would be handy. That was before I even knew about all the forums and what other creative owners already had done. So far I have only full filled a DRL according to my country laws. My country is by the way Sweden and I live in the southern part of it.

I look forward to participate in this forum with its noble and knowledgeable members. :winkwink:

• Hi Peter and welcome to the madness.

We have a strong Scandinavian group with many members ,the day to day chatting is mostly facebook but for in dept questions noting beats the forum :cool:
    Have you been in contact with Pelle? running the Swedish 8er club , he is also here on the forum

Regards
    Terje

• Hello Terje and thank you for the acknowledge,

Yes, I know Pelle very well. Actually he was the very first person to answer my call for help when I and my wife had taken the 850 to Italy just 2 weeks after we had bought her. It was there, in Cattolica/Italy the problem started, 2500 km from home. Not anything fatal but none the less troublesome. There is a thread at the http://www.autopower.se/forum/topic.asp?id=278428 . Since you are from Norway I guess that Swedish is possible to read for you as Norwegian is for me.

My best regards,

Peter Akemark

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!