Sticky buttons!

• Hello All,

Had a fuel pump issue last summer, finally got the car back up and running in October after two and a bit years sitting in the garage! Forgot what a smooth ride the 8 is, and to boot, they resurfaced most the roads here in Benalmádena, so beautiful to drive on. Anyway all going well, but had a hot day and went to put the aircon on, and the button does not stay depressed! I contacted M8-Enzo who fixed by OBC awhile back, he got back to me after awhile saying he could fix the button, but then dropped off the radar? Have emailed him a couple of times more, but no response!? I hope nothing untoward has occurred! Lots of advertisements out there for people who say they can fix these things, but can anyone recommend someone that they know can be trusted, much appreciated.

01/1994 E31 840i M60 European LHD automatic, prod code EF61

• Hi Ivan,
    I would attempt to look at it myself. In the first instance I would gently spray some WD40 into the gap around the button. It may simply be dirt that is causing it to stick.

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• Hi Angus,

It's more not staying depressed when pressed in. Tried the WD40 anyway, but to no avail! It's starting to get hot over here now, really need this fixing!!!

Regards,

Ivan

01/1994 E31 840i M60 European LHD automatic, prod code EF61

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!