Help! My car rattles!

• Hello All,
    I am fairly new to the site, looking for a little help.
    Recently, my '91 has developed a rattle from the passenger side rear that I have isolated to somewhere behind the rear seat and beneath the rear deck. I removed the speaker grill and shoved my hand in the hole, feeling for something rattling while I had my friend drive. I couldn't find anything that would stop the rattle.
    It only rattles when hitting bumps, cracks, potholes in the road, not on the few smooth parts of highway around here. I am at my wits end... I even recently tried shoving vast amounts of "egg-crate" foam into the area to try to dampen/soften the sound to no avail.
    Has anyone else had a similar issue? Can anyone PLEASE HELP ME? I have finally gotten the paint and leather done, my car is otherwise just about flawless - I must get rid of this annoying rattle!
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Annapolis, MD

• weird, i had the same thing and could not find it, with me it was on the driver side, emptied out the trunk, would drive me crazy, finally put my mechanic in the trunk and went out driving and he figured out it was the top of the schock, it needs tightning, but you need to remove yr speaker to get there, it just loosened over time, its gone now....
    let me know if it worked..

good luck

frank

• Thanks for the input, Frank.
    I looked and looked for the rattle without avail. Finally while I had it in for service at a new dealer (I just moved), I had them check it out. Turned out to be the Upper Strut Mount. A $28 part and $176 in labor, but well worth it to get my 8 rattle-free again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!