Knowledgeless newbie appreciative of some advice!

• Hi all,

For a while now I have admired the sleek looks of the 8 series, but it is only recently that I have decided that I owe it to myself to get one.

I have my eye on a 1991 model 850i manual, with 126k on the clock. My basic question is this: Is a car of this age and mileage likely to be a lot of trouble, or is this one of those things that will just depend on how well the car has been kept?

Anything that I should especially check for when inspecting the vehicle would be appreciated too.

I am determined not to be in any hurry - if I don't get the right feeling from the car I will walk away, being a young driver with a limited budget I cannot afford to make costly mistakes. Your advice / opinions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

• Hi; Please look here under "Prepurchase". The German Site also has a prepurchase-tipps site (a "check-list"; you must search but it is in german). Generally is said, that the models 1990 until 1993 will generate more problems, but it depends on the pre-owners (the Service-manual is extremely important !). We say that it would be good to buy an 8 together with someone, who owns one and has experiences, what would be important to check (probe-driving f.i.).
    I wish you good luck in finding an 8 !
    yours Manfred

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!