Want to buy an 8 series

• Hi all,
    My name is Paul and I live in London. I currently own a 1991 Porsche 944 S2 but have decided to sell this in favour of one of the 8 series BMW's. Can anyone please advise me as to what would be the best model to go for (my budget will be about £8000) and what I should look out for when viewing the cars? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Many thanks,
    Paul.

• Hi Paul

Congrats on your choice. :D

Would suggest an 840 rather than 850 to suit your budget. Would think you could get a '94 or '95 840 Ci for around that price. If you could manage a little more you would get an 840 Ci Sport which has the 4.4 litre engine with 'M' trim and Steptronic as stock. This specification started late '96 - early '97.

Have a look at the Autotrader site for a good idea of what's available.

Don't buy the first you see - have a good look around. A full BMW service history is very desirable as is an extended warranty if you can get it.

I'm sure there will be further advice on it's way from Members on this forum.

Best of luck

John

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!