need help,, found wounded 850 that I'm thinking of buying

• Hi guys,
    This is my first time posting but have been surfing through this site a while and must say it is full of information. thanks to all.. I have a question regarding the purchase of a 91 850 I found sitting at a local pick 'n pull yard.. it has a clean title and the body/interior are in very good shape for the age.. does look like it sat outside most it's life with the fading paint and rear deck carpet.. the only (big) problem with it is that it's motor is locked according to the mechanic that was there. (the owner wasn't around, but will try and call him tomorrow). he's asking $6,000.00 for it and I'm wondering if this is a good deal.. anyone know what a new long block would run, even remanufactured.. or if I would be better off rebuilding the existing engine.. any thought's or comments would be greatly appreciated...

cheers,
    Pete

• i am not by any shape an 8 series guru
    - but these cars have so much in the way of electrical (my favorite line - when my 93/850 breaks down i would be better off taking it to an electrician , than a mechanic)
    what you are really purchasing is a body and an interior . as you don't know if anything/everything else is shot . i wonder if the guy in the yard has 2 good battery's so you could see ,if anything electrical works .
    and everything in the 8 is electrical (its like a bloody jet fighter) not to mention the sensors or the obc.(hence the 2 battery's)
    these cars can be a serious money pit , if they are not taken care of .

your not buying a 6000.00 car - your really buying a 100,000.00+ fixer upper at the parts counter . :cry::wink:

wish you the best (wouldn't it be funny if it was a shot starter :twisted: )
    (but he quickly remember's - its not even a regular starter - it has a high voltage starting system) :shock:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!