Is it worthy to change european expect to american?

• I bought my 8 series in Italy a year ago and I will be moving to the states next year. I love the car but i dont know if i should go through all the hazards to change the spec on the vehicle. Do you guys think is worthy? Do you know the steps I need to take to do so? I'll appreciate your help/comments.

• Unless it is a CSI--or you can't live without it, it may not be worth it.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/quikover.htm

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/

With shipping to the west coast and everything run thru proper channels, I was at about $14,000 to bring in a '95 csi. The dollar dove and so did 8 series prices so I didn't do it.

If you are military or shipping to the east coast it gets cheaper but not a lot.

Where in Italy are you? I want to see if I should be jealous.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• I live 30 minutes away from Venice. Well thats in my 8 series other people take 45 to an hour. 8):lol: I love the car but I think I'm going to have to leave it here. Maybe I'll get me a new 6 series instead...
    Thanks for your help and info TerryY.

I only had 3 cars in my life; a mitsubishi galant, a PT cruiser and now a 93 8 series. There is no way I can get me a car now that is less than a 8 series. I need the power that car has. I'm a spoiled man now. I better start saving some money so I can out do myself with the next car. :wink:

• Officially Jealous

Lived in a little town located between Sacile (sp?) Pordenone and Aviano.
    I was the only American in town! Vigonovo by name.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!