Expert help with the 8

• This post is for anyone in GB with problems on their 850 or 840.
    I can totally recommend a man called Phil Crouch who can be contacted on 07960 280953. I now have a 97 840ci sport, prier to this, I ran a 93
    850ci. When I first obtained my 50 from an independent dealer, I soon
    realised that the car was not running right and spent thousands trying to
    cure a misfire through bmw main dealers and other so called technical experts. The problem with main dealers is they have never dealt with
    many 8's and also they tend to brush them under the carpet as old technology. To the point - in my desperation I phoned a parts company who asked if I had tried Phil Crouch, I said I had never heard of him.
    the gentleman gave me his number and from that day my 850 went through total change in the hands of the master. He rectified everything that was wrong with the car so I then had a wonderful 3 years driving a
    car delivering its full capabilities. The present owner is equally delighted
    with the car. Phil now looks after my present car. He is based in Uxbridge
    alongside Birds UK - Harge distributors but has his own ramp and is his
    own man. I personally cannot speak more highly of the man or his knowledge of 8's from Csi's 5.6 V12' to 5.0 V12 and 4.0 and 4.4ltre V8's
    It is worth making an appointment and making the journey to Uxbridge
    as you will come away for more enlightened about your 8
    Try him Regards to all 8 owners Graham Cross.

• Great info Graham! Perhaps, with his permission, you can post an e-mail where he can be reached, so that members outside of GB can ask him technical questions. Yes, I do agree that many BMW main dealers here in the U.S. tend to call us old technology. Rather than properly diagnosing the problem, they go by standard porcedures, which in turn can cost thousands of dollars or pounds along the way. It is quite rare that you do find an expert who actually cares grately about the 8 series.

Post to all: If there are any exceptional BMW mechanics in your area, please post. This may save us all and have the 8 live 4ever!

Regards,

John P.

P.S. Graham, what part of GB are you from? I used to work at the BMW plant in Oxford.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!