Bmw 850 csi with poorly diff

• I own a very nice 850 csi but it has a poorly diff making a horid scrapping noise. :(:(
    Does anyone know if a diff from a different model 8 series would bolt straight on :?
    I was thinking specifically of the 850 ci.
    Cheers,
    Tony.

• all 8 series diff are the same. Various Ratios are used and this can be identified by a aluminum tag on the side bearing.

E34 and E38 use the same diff but witha different rear cover. Just use your own cover.

Changing ratios is a good way to imnprove acceleration times from 0 to 100

EG if you have a 2.9 ratio then a 3.6 will wake it right up. Top speed will drop and economy will drop but the car will accelarate.

Ratios available are 3.2, 3.4 & 3.6. sOME SOME 3.9'S ARE AVAILABLE BUT HEY ARE FAIRLY UNCOMMON AND PERAHPS A LITTLE HIGH FOR EVEYDAY DRIVING.

HOPE THIS HELPS
    THEO HOFFS
    PIECES FO EIGHT/
    CLUB OF EIGHTS
    MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Hy there, i've got a 850i with 3.91 from European E34 m5 5 speed. ACCELERATION IS VERY NICE, but first gear very short and top speed 235 km/h in red line (6400 tr*n-1, possible cause i've change the chips from EML and DME; Car very nervous, but it become " little tired" after severals miles on the motorway (cause of noise , i haven't catalitic exhausts)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!