2005-08-22 - UK - Gaydon Meet

• Hi

Hope we all enjoyed this event I certainly did also the weather was great. Meeting all the owners (present) for the first time, seeing over 30 Uk 8's with their personalisations and modifications. Everyone was very friendly and forthcoming and even received useful help in solving a small problem (Pentosin needed topping up)(a good source for Brembo disks and Mintex pads ordered and already installed). The couple of laps on the Aston Martin test track were refreshing to say the least. A coulpe of guys went for ECU re-programming, hope they acheived the promissed boost in power. Hope to meet you all again either at Silverstone in September or Donnington in October.

Will try and post a few photos of the track experience.

Dan.

• Hi Dan
    I was supposed to be going to the meeting but had to pull out at the last minute - glad all went well.
    The reason I am posting is that the coupe in your photo was in front of me at the Rockingham BMW cavalcade a few weeks ago. Small world hey ho.....
    I wonder if he has the sort of fuzz problems that I get concerning my number plate???

• Hi B013

Looking at your plate it does look strange what is its origin (Irish?). It is a small world indeed. Are you comming to the Silverstone meet this month?

Dan.

Not young enough to know everything :lol:

• No, Dan - I think that's on the 26th and I'm off to Spain for a couple of weeks on the 24th.
    The number is Northern Irish. I bought it several years ago, long before I got the 8, for the "BOI3" part of it. It was quite a while before it dawned on me that the "501" suits the 8 too! Obviously, the space should be after the "I" not the "3" and the police have got quite heavy with me about it. There was one Police motorcyclist who seemed to make me his "raison d'etre". Followed me everywhere, pulled me over loads of times, and got very angry. I thought he was going to explode into his helmet at one point. He never actually prosecuted, tho'. I've moved from the area now - so things are more peaceful. Your number is perfect for the car AND it's legal! Did you get it after you bought the car?
    Is that your 8 on page 5 of the Straight 6 magazine this month??

Bob

• Bob

I hope you enjoy your break in Spain (I'm sure you will). I've heard of cops like the one you described, thank goodnes they are a few and far apart....

I got my plate after the 8 but it is a cheat (S8 BMV), the BMW easn't available. My MV Agusta motorbike has the reg D4N MV.....my sons Audi TT has M444D TT....

I havn't seen the mag you mentioned, I'll have a look at my local news agent, if it is my car it is without my knowladge....

Dan.

Not young enough to know everything :lol:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!