Unbelievable shine!

• Maybe I'm late to the party BUT I have just started using Zaino Car Wash/Wax/Finisher and the results are out of this world! Apparently it's a US product that is fully synthetic and totally non-abrasive. I got mine in UK from Rob at http://www.advancedcarproducts.com and will definitely NOT be using anything else! I don't work for Zaino or Rob..../.just wanted to share my experiences with this TREMENDOUS stuff. Once I get my digital cam sorted out, I'll try and post piccies.

My 91 850i had many swirls, slight fades, marks, etc.....Zaino has restored it to absolute glory. It takes a while to "cure" and buff off, but the final spray fluid works some kind of magic on the finish - it's mind-boggling!

According to Zaino and Rob, after 3 or 4 applications, the shine/finish really deepens.........I've managed to get it done twice over the last fortnight (prior to autumn weather setting in), and will aim for a 3rd before Xmas.

• I've used Zaino on a couple of cars and love it. They sell an accelerator for the wax that drastically cuts the curing time. It's well worth it. You can put three or four coats of wax on in a day. I am about ready to order new product and have noticed that they've come up with a few new ones. If you haven't tried the clay bar, it's a must before waxing. Really pulls out all of the imbedded dirt in the finish and makes the car feel smooth as glass.

Paul

• Nice> thanks for that info.

It's expensive. Lets hope it works well enough to justify the 116.00 usd.

I have a mothers brand clay bar, i use to remove crud and it's been great.
    But what I need is a miracle solution that will restore a heavily oxidized and overly polished surface. I just spent last evening walking around the car, fogging the surface by breathing on it and removing leftover water marks. P.I.T.A!

Going to try some spray on wax (mothers) after the drying process and see if that helps, instead of the breath thingy. (black was never my first choice for a car color.)

MB

• MB,

You have a tough problem. Dark finishes with heavy oxidation are not for the novice. I spent a couple of hundred dollars on a Porter Cable random orbit polisher and some fancy polishing sponges, and they did a great job on a friends light colored Altima with light oxidation, but were a flop on my partners dark green Range Rover with heavy oxidation and swirl marks. There are several good car detailing sites that give good advice on getting results like a pro, but if I were you, I'd take it to a reputable detailer and have them prep the finish for you and get the oxidation and swirl marks out. Once that's done, then you can maintain the finish with a good wax like Zaino. Good luck with it.

Paul

• Yeah, I agree Paul.

and I did do just as you described. The trouble is that the car has been polished down to just a thin layer of paint left on the primer. The last polish began exposing portions.
    Ultimately, I am in need of a repaint and will not be going through that process again after my last car. If this was the last car I was going to buy for the next ten years then I would do it. But for now Im going to take meticulous care of the finish with waxes and such until it is sold.

I really like the 8s, but am begining to think that a 750 il would better suit me.... it's got style, it's got power, it's got handling, and you can have great sex in the cavernous back seats. :^)

But I do love the looks of the 8 Sooooooo much. maybe one of each?

• Just while we're on the topic of car detailing.... Ive been toying with using an electric buffer for waxing for sometime now, but havent got around to doing it. Anybody have any experiences/advice on them?

Also... Does anyone know a good way of getting crap of the chrome exhausts tips (like were talking big chunks of black gunk) without cutting it off? Ive tried everything...

• you need to get a random orbital buffer, and they are expensive for a good one. The Porter Cable model is the one most detailers use, but there are some others out there. Also, be sure you have the right applicator for the job you are doing and don't cross contaminate applicators with different products, i.e.don't use the same applicator to remove swirl marks with an abrasive and then try to polish with the same applicator. Search for car detailing websites and you'll get a great deal of information on proper equipment and supplies. Wrost thing you could do would be to buy a cheap buffer with a wool bonnet on it. Almost guaranteed swirl marks with that setup.

Paul

• Another rule for using a random orbital:

Practice on your wifes car!!! She'll love that you bought the buffer then and you will be able to learn what NOT to do on your own finish. But seriously- if you do not know how to use one of those things you can do much more damage than good.

Personally I suck at using them and still do it all by hand.

MB

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!