Door Handle Problem

• I am having trouble with the drivers side "outside" door handle, the inside one is working fine... The problem is when you go to enter the car it feels like it is "locked", although if you lift it "up and down" a few times
    (3 times max, so far) it will finally open... Any suggestions fellow 8-er's

Thank-you in advance

DMP

• was that a job that you did yourelf or did you have the dealer/mechanic :evil: do it ??? I hate the dealer :twisted: and although I have a new mechanic that I "think" I can trust, you are always in a bad spot, they can tell you anything, one more reason to love this site, thank-you for your input....

DMP

• DMP

No, mate - I did the job myself. I don't like dealers either!!

I felt I'd have a go at it seeing as I had sourced the part. Turned out to be reasonably easy. You see, I reckon engine work etc is understandable but bodywork tends fo fox me a bit. But I was surprised - this car is fab - it is easy to see what the designers have done re access and fitting so when you just get stuck in it sort of all becomes obvious.

The thing is, if you do stuff it up or get in trouble, you can still open the door because you will have detached the cable that pulls the latch and you can pull that. So the car is still useable.

Let me know what you end up doing.

David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!