New Wheels

• Hi Every one

I am having trouble selecting a new set of alloys, as the sizes on a 850CSI seem to be restricting my choice of wheel.
    I have narrowed it down to the following four choices
    1) AEZ - Forge
    2) Daytona - Datz
    3) BMW replicaRB05
    4) Super - Legerra

The suppliers are saying there is a better choice for me if i go to 18" wheels, i do not mind doing this provided they will not clash with body work or running gear.
    I also do not understand the the offset of 10mm on the front and 19mm on the rear, are the wheels to have this offset included or is the difference taken up with spacers?
    Could someone clarify these points for me?
    Your help will be greatly aprreciated.
    Allen C

• Hi Allen

Can't say i'm familiar with any of your choice of wheels, but you wont have any problems with either 18s or 19"s provided you choose no more than say a 9" wide front rim & 10.5" rear rim.

The offsets are the measurement from a centre line, mine for instance are from memory 15mm front & 20mm rear but i choose to use 10&15mm
    to push the wheels out further into the wheel arch, purly asthetic :D

The best advice is to try a few wheels on the car prior to any decision try differing offsets, borrow a wheel from another Bmw owner, you'll be surprised what will actually fit, but dont try any 3 series rims, they dont work at all :wink:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Having recently put on a set of Beyern Mesh 18's and living in a city with pretty poor roads, I am starting to wish I had gone with 17's. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my car, and I already have several little pits in the rims of the wheels, just from normal driving. Not much rubber with 18's to protect the wheel. Can't imagine what it would be like with 19's. I love the look, but don't know what they are going to look like in a year or two. Just my 2 cents.

Paul

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!