front and rear bumper

• found the part

I found a body shop that will work with me with the price and charged me only $800 for bumber, paint and installation. I got quotes as high as $2,000! I will post b4 and after pics of the car soon. Thanx 2 all 4 your nput!

• M-Technic Front Bumper related

I took my 8 for my Annual Safety Inspection. While there, the employee to perform the inspection, damaged my M-Technic Front bumper. The owner has assumed responsibility for the damage.
    I need:

M-Technic Bumper Cover (51 11 22 53 00 0)
    M-Technic Mounting Kit (82 119 402 709)

After removing the M-Technic Bumper Cover, I see there is a black plastic shroud or shield ( it is curved like snow shovel scoop) to which the top portion is visible through the kidneys, the middle portion is to be attached underneath the upper bumper (beneath where where the kidneys are) by two plastic strips. The bottom portion is to be affixed to the holes on the top of the M-Technic Bumper Cover.

Does any one know the part number to the item I have struggled to describe? I made a call to Charlie Spear/ Gault BMW however, I have yet to receive his telephone call.

-Thanx!

• Manster:

Based on your description, i think the part you are looking for is: 51 71 1 940 932, its the unit letting the airflow from the kidneys on to the radiator (Yes?).

You might see the part at real.oem website at:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/sho…&btnr=51_2000&hg=51&fg=15

I located the part using your description "snow shovel scoop", but the real name for the part is nothing like that :D , its Air Duct.

Good luck!

• M-Technic Front Bumper

The bodyshop has the new front bumper cover, etc. Does anyone have instructions or schematic which shows the proper installation? I search the forum a bit without results. I'd like to get the 8 back on the road and home.

-Thanx in advance!

• Hi again!

I wanna help you get the car back where it belongs, so here is a guide for you of how to Disassemble and assemble the outer parts of the body. I might be able to email it to you. The file is about 25 Mb big, so some email servers will have problem receiving it.
    Maybe its better to get it out to you on a FTP server, but i dont have any chance of doing it from where i am located now.

Let me know what you think.

Good luck!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!