Will my baby RUST ?

• Just back from my garage visiting my baby. Unfortunately there is a lot
    of humidity in the garage because the temprature changes with the temprature outside, wich could be -15 to + 15 in Des to Mars. I try to keep
    my baby superclean, but i'm still afraid that she can begin to rust.
    Should I hire a garage with steady room temprature ?, or are the eights very resistant against rust as long they are clean from salt and gravel.
    Once a month from Des - Mars I take her out for a drive, I've heard that
    this is better than leaving her lonely for three months.

Any tips of rust-preventing/storing would be nice.

Sten

• Storing

Hi Stensen

make sure you also drive the vehicle regularly as the humidity will get into places you wish it hadn`t and it will BE EXPENSIVE!!

A friend of mine stored his 850 in a barn with a dehumidifier for a few months. When he went to drive the car afterwards he found strange readings on the computer, some of the displays were errartic, the speedo went bananas

Because this beast has so many electronic systems with as many connectors (and speaking as a former electronics engineer) moisture gets into these connectors and cause the various pins to oxydise causing bad contacts and erratic readings.

It cost mi friend alot of cash as some of the instrument cluster had to be replaced by BMW. . . you can immagine what that cost him!!

Happy motoring

Keep the shiny side up :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!