wipers help.......

• very strange...........

i could feel lately my wipers getting tired, yet yesterday theyve stopped working {exactly when one of the craziest stormes ive ever seen started}

there was a little reaction when i was moving the lever yet like they were missing the energy to go up.............

today they work just like they did before.........strange
    i thought the motor is gone but it doesnt seem so............

i need your advise guys because im gonna need her soon for a trip of 1000 km and i dont know if to hit the road that way, since my budget is low and i dont know if to let her in to steadler here in hungary which i already hate..........

shes the 840 ci 1997 fromm the uk........
    thanks

• I had to put in a new motor because the wiper spindles were coroded thus putting strain on the motor . :!:

Check this by removing from inside the bonnet the covers over the wiper linkages, it could be that the heavy rain was just too much :shock: but a bit of wd40 never did any harm :)

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• I had the same problem about 12 months ago.... wiper arms appeared stiff for a while then stopped working altogether. Drenched them in WD40 but alas it was too late. The wiper mechanism had seized. Fortunately the motor hadnt burnt out, but the replacement mechanism cost me £250, plus the labour to fit (it is a PITA job).

Perhaps it would be best for everyone who has not had trouble with their wipers yet to regularly lube them as wipers are generally taken for granted.... until they break :?

• i have the same problem

my wipers just stop at any time and i have to wait for a couple of minutes to get them to work again and then they stop...

Do you think i need to change the wiper engines?
    If i want to remove the engines, is that a hard work?

Andreas Brännström
    Stockholm, Sweden

BMW 850I 19" Rial Daytona RIMS 235 / 275
    Kashmirbeige metallic

Over and Out

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!