E31 & California Sun

• You should try the Zaino system. Your car will stay cleaner for longer periods bwtn washings. The thick polymer coating is quite resistant to dirt & grime. My E31 is a daily driver and I wash it every 2 weeks.

Cheers

• Koizumi,

Thanks for the information. I do wash it every two weeks as well. Do you go through the Zaino system after each wash as well?

My 1995 BMW 840Ci
    Authentic M Parallels, Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S, ACS-style aluminum pedals and more to come...

• With Zaino, the first time 'round, you will need to do several coats to 'prime' your paint with Zaino's polymer crosslinking structure.

After that, just wash and spray a fine mist of Z-6 and wipe off. That's it. Super easy, very fast.

Every 6 months or so, I'll do one layer of Z-2 polish--wipe on, wait 2o minutes, wipe off. No buffing. Easy.

Cheers

• Every two weeks??????

I wash my 8 2-3 times a week when it is in use (summer time)

I use a high pressure washer, with a soap dispenser.
    cover the car in soap let it set for a few minutes, and spray off.
    then I wipe the water off with a leather cloth.
    All done in 20 minutes

I do a hand wash maybe every two weeks with a sponge and a bucket of water (after the car has been soaped with the high pressure washer).

The car is handed in to a dealer and polished once a year.

My car is in use about 7 months a year, and I'm away at work at least 3 of them. So the car is not used much, but I believe I treat her good.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Damn, that's a lot of bathing :D

Owning an 8 definitely means that us owners must take pride in keeping our beauties nice & clean!

With the Zaino polymer system, there's such a nice thick coat on the car that nothing really sticks to it very much. Every 2 weeks is all that's needed for me--and I'm a perfectionist.

My 8 is my daily driver. We're lucky weatherwise in Southern California, my car mainly gets dusty aside from occasional bird sh*t or tree sap.

Dustless pads (Rotex Gold) and using a compound such as Wheel Wax to keep the wheels dirt & dust free are also part of my regimen.

Cheers 8)

• Hehe.

Well I hate to drive around in a dirty car, and I refuse to do so unless it's raining.
    Since I have a black car it gets dirty really quick.
    Thats why I clean the car that often.
    There soap also remove the various fat films from the paint.

The 5" lips on my 19" chrome wheels also gets covered with brake dust quick, so to keep the car nice and shiny, frequent cleaning is required.

So whenever I drive throug town, the car is spotless 8)

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!