to all the fusitive......

• my car is in a funny mood again, have noticed today the mirror coming down like it does in reverse, only i was going pretty forward, then i have noticed the reverse lights are on too, turned off back on, problem fixed, for 15 min maybe, have noticed the seat memo isn't well all the time, when that problem is on too, when i have slamed the trunk's door the problem dissapeared, but again not for long............any advice?:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

i have just fixed a keeping on blowing fuse for the left sidelights of the car by putting a 25amp instead of 10amp, is that stupid? could the problems be linked?

• Not sure but lighting problems with the rear lights can sometimes be traced to a a broken wire or more in the pass-through cable groups that run from the main body into the boot lid - I had a problem with this which I traced to a broken earth cable. Search for a thread called wiring gremlins.

ref replacing a blown fuse with a fuse of a higher rating is a very bad idea - the fuse was blowing for a reason, replacing it with a higher rated fuse will then not allow the fuse to blow and protect the circuit by doing so, this could lead to a fire!

Find out what's causing the fuse to blow and repair that.

Cheers

• Those wires are located either side of the boot (trunk) lid. The white you can see is just a sheet a paper I put behind so that I could get a better photo. If you open the boot lid, you can see a black rubbery-plastic tube that exits from the side of the body, runs behind the boot lid hinge and then enters the booth lid itself. I found that on the Right Hand side the brown wire was broken. You can easily remove the gromits that the wire bundle passes through and then slowly move the sheath down or up to check all the wires.

Re-reading you problem description I would also double check all the relays and fuses in the boot compartment - it could be that you have a dodgy contact somewhere and slamming the booth lid fixed it. My money would be on a broken wire though.

Cheers

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!