I have a problem.

• Hi
    I have a problem.:help:
    Something happened the other day and it is that as soon as I put in reverse fuel gauge, temperature gauge, RPM meter and no back light comes on:banghead:. When you put the drive so you need to give some gas a bit so all the instruments will start as usual. Think it could something with the EML but if someone has a second thoughts so please reply I want this resolved as soon as ……..:help:

• Hello Per,
    just to make sure I understood:

You select Reverse (gear) and all the instrument cluster goes dead.
    You select Drive (also Neutral?), rev up a bit and the instruments start working again?

If yes, then my first idea would be: short circuit by ways of the gear selector switch
    You will probably obtain hints from the error memory in your car´s ECUs.

In case I misunderstood please try to re-explain.
    Cheers
    reinhard

• Hi
    Batteries are ok two years, Reinard you have understood it quite right and I shall bury myself in gear selector, have run a diagnosis with Carsoft, but it gave no errors:hmmmm:, I shall go to BMW and make a proper diagnosis so we'll see what it gives . I thank you in advance for any tips I would like that everything is working properly.

• What if you start the car and just let it run on idle are all fine then?
    If not then I would have measured the battery voltage.

If car need to speed up the rev to work , one test could be to attach a charger that can give some amp's then start the car to see if it works
    ( this will give you a but higher voltage on the batteries when charger is connected )

If car fails only when putting it in reverse, then it could be a short as said by Reinhard ( attach a multimeter to see if battery voltage drops )
    could be as easy as a short in the bulb it self?

Regards
    Terje

• Thanks for the suggestions, I will try these after midsummer, but I think Reinhard are closest to the truth but we'll see and I will be back with result.

• Hi
    This issue is resolved:top: and was a fuse No 17 that have passed (I could not see this with my eyes so I had to measure it to find it). Can be useful to know to measure the fuses so that it is sure that they are full.
    All have a nice summer.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!