How do I take this off?

• Sorry if this is a stupid question but could someone please tell me how to remove the headlamp connector (arrowed)?

I've disconnected the top part by turning the outer shell anti-clockwise and now I need to disengage the bottom part

I've tried but dont want to force things as I'm a bit nervous about breaking something!

Thanks in advance

• There is a fingerbreaking plastic nut thrown over each of the connectors and fastening it to the holder - this only needs a small turn but is very often completely seized and awkward to open.
    The easier way is to remove the two plugs on the holder fastening it to the fender/body. For this you will only need a flat blade screw driver. Makes it a little easier too to remove the a.m. plastic nuts if still needed.

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Hi Reinhard,

I followed your advice and successfully removed the bracket from the innner wing no problem. I was then able to get a better grip on the other plastic collar and off it came.

So in case anyone was wondering, it's anti-clockwise for the top bit and then another small anti-clockwise turn on the plastic collar above the bracket attached to the wing, kind of seems a bit obvious now!

Cheers

Neil

• ....but you were certainly wise to ask so the post wasn't: "Help! I've broken the bit that holds..... where do I get one???" glad you got'er sorted..:cool:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!