Wiring loom connector part nos.

• Does anyone know where I can find the part numbers for the electrical connectors attached to wiring looms (specifically the cruise control wiring set)? I am asking because my local dealer says that the complete loom is no longer available, so I now want to manufacture my own. I can find all the information for the actual wiring (cable colours and sizes, connector pins, etc.) but cannot find the connector part nos in the EPC. Any help greatly appreciated.

• As far as I know there isn't a cross reference between the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual (ETM) and the actual part numbers. The electronic parts catalog (usually referred to as ETK) is the only reference for part numbers. If a part is not listed in the ETK it does not necessarily mean you cannot get this specific part, but locating it will be very difficult to nearly impossible.

Have you considered asking breakers if they have the wiring loom at any chance?

Btw, what part numbers are you looking for that are no longer available?

• I doubt the connector manufacturer will know what plugs they sold to BMW for what wiring looms. I'm sure they will be able to help you if you can provide BMW part numbers (of the connectors), but if the topic starter had those to begin with he wouldn't have opened this topic...

Many connectors are pictured at the end of the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual (ETM), but without any relevant information other than the pin layout and rough shape. No dimensions, pitch, pin diameters,... so the chances you will get the right one just from that picture is slim.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!