windows trim

• Hello
    Is there anyone who can tell whether it is possible to change the trim around the front and rear window without picking out the windows

• I'm not an expert but my rear one wasn't attached with any kind of adhesive but front one was.We changed the rear one easily (it is original window), it is just pulled out but we took the front out together with the seal(my front window was replaced ones before me).According to the service, windows must be attached together with the rubber seals to centeralise the frame and to seal better.You should try to pull out the rubber seals.If they comes out you can easily change with the new one (remember to use some kind of seal anyway) and if they don't you should take out together with the windows by cutting around, clean the sticky rubber seal and place with the new one.

This is my experience so far but I believe masters will inform us about how they have been built in the factory.

• Hi...

Both front and rear are separate to the screens....

Having said that, if the screen has been replaced and an over zealous fitter has used to much adhesive they will be a bitch to get out....

Just start at the bottom and work your way up....

Hope this helps

Alex

• Well my thought was to paint the ceiling and avoid a patent extension on the banner without picking out the windows. The strips are in good condition but if these should fail, it becomes to replace them. I've read the repair manual to bars on the windows when installing windows.

• If they are fixed to the windows as my front one, you can raise the edges and place the 2mm thick cable underneath to hold the edge up.After work is done take out the cables and the rubber seal just tides when heat hits the surface.This is not a perfect solution but a temporary cure.BUT I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS. Because if there is a little space or corroded place between the window and the body, every fluid you use on the ceiling may leak inside the car as I experienced which cost me ABS module, carpet cleaning and corrosion on the floor.You have to try to pull out gently because dried rubber may break up at some point.It's up to your luck a little bit.Seals are about 160€ (here) for each plus handwork is another option.Good luck.

• Thanks for your explanation, just wanted to hear if anyone has made this maneuver. Will probably be to lift out of the windows to get it perfect, would have removed the bird shit that burned into the varnish.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!