Part missing from dash!

• Hi all! hope everyone is well! i have recently bought another 840Ci sport as a restoration project... having opened the account on the car with Sytners one of the peices recently purchased was a new centre console cover - surrounds OBC, radio, gear shift etc as the original is missing a small blanking plate to the right of the OBC... looking at the new one at sytner the new cover has come minus the same blanking plate!! checking their diagram it appears the part ( 51 16 8 128 599 ) is no longer available!

does anyone know of a car that is breaking or know where i can source this tiny plate from? having a hole in the console is pretty annoying!

The part is number 35 on the diagram - http://bmwfans.info/parts/cata…e_trim/centre_console/#35

any help greatfully received! :top:

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

• Yes, I was also looking at changing a few scruffy dash parts on my car and also found that many parts can no longer be had.

if you're desperate, the blanking plate can be replaced by a microphone unit, which is what the hole was designed for. You will hopefully find that these are still available and are listed in the communications section as part number

65 61 8 354 622

I've also noted some substancial price rises, in the last few months. Now for many items, the GBP price is higher than the listed Euro price (on BMW Fans ETK) ... and then there is 20% VAT on top.

• hi arnie! many thanks chap i will source that part through local BM dealership as per... keeping my eyes out for any breaking 840's in the future i guess...

again, many thanks! :top::top::top:

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!