kompressorkit 840ci ?

• is my engin and autmatic gearbox strong enouge to handle a kompressorkit from esstunning ? does enyone have some experiens with this?

it's not how many miles on a tank,
    but how many smiles;-)

Svein

1993 840ci/6 Supercharger

• Sorry, only with a 850, but Steve could tell you more...

E31, the road to go!:winkwink:
    Dick
    President BMW Club E31 Nederland
    President BMW 8er Clubs International(B8CI)
    President Federatie Nederlandse BMW Clubs(FNBC)
    President BMW Auto Clubs Nederland(BACN)

• should not be any issues with the engine/gearbox.

Though the ESS kit is designed for a E39 so it will not be bolt on, you will have to make new ducting and possibly mounts for intercooler ect.

It has been done, but expect to spend some time adapting the kit to fit the e31.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von TERMINATOR;90505

is my engin and autmatic gearbox strong enouge to handle a kompressorkit from esstunning ? does enyone have some experiens with this?

Hi,
    M60 or M62 engine?
    5HP30 or 5HP24 tranny?

I don't have the ESS setup but similar with Vortech V2SQ.

The engine is not the problem, it is the tranny. If you got a 6speed - you are open for the "full" setup.
    Don't forget the LSD - 2.93 or 3.15
    If you are looking for more than 400HP get an intercooler or W/M injection.
    If you don't have it - better monitor really good AFR/EGT.
    Otherwise the V8 is a bulletproof engine to supercharge and fun to drive.
    I am riding the above setup in a Euro E39 Touring plus with race cats, MSD delete and Supersprint exaust and modified tranny EGS (quicker shifts, rpm to 6500 and WUK earlier/less stress). Depending on software setup and pulley size 430 -500+HP (with regular cats and exhaust it starts around 410HP).

Forgot - the suspension and brake upgrade - went all with M5 parts (pretty cheap compare to Brembo) and Bilstein B6 (or B4 have to check)
    I am actually on my second rear end - the tourqe is awsome. Once I am back in Germany - I will upgrade the tranny internally (unfortunally the 5HP24), since I can hear already how it is suffering - but I push the car hard some times :-).

firebird

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!