Banjo bolts , water and gasolin hoses replacement

• Some activity ongoing in my garage as well this weekend :winkwink:

Helping a friend replacing gaskets, banjo bolts and all water and gasoline hoses.

By the way he did buy new ones that already had tread locking compound on them and got told by several old BMW mechanics that there was no need to drill holes in them and tie them down ANY toughs ?????

One more thing as I am a bit lazy and haven’t looked in the manual yet anyone remembering the torque spec for the banjos??? :harhar:

This is hove far we got the first evening.
    That gasolin pipe is really making it tricky to reach one of the nut's on the intakes :banghead:

But all Banjos was fine both sides ( 92 model 850ci ) hmmm mine next out then :hmmmm:

• Zitat von huldra66;93537

By the way he did buy new ones that already had tread locking compound on them and got told by several old BMW mechanics that there was no need to drill holes in them and tie them down ANY toughs ?????....

Later cars/engines had the threadlocker applied to the bolts, but I did read one or two reports of some of these having been found loose too. You could try adding a super-strength loctite, if you don't wish to drill the bolts. However, if you found the existing bolts to have been OK, without any threadlock, then probably the issue is not as bad as it's made out to be. It only takes one or two reports of loose bolts to make news, but thousands and thousands of these engines have had no problems.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!