CSi service-Phoenix Motorsport

• This is a bit late posting, but I just want to thank Gerry 8Tech for the great service work on my CSi. This is the second time I have brought the car over to Gerry from Ireland for service and repair work, what makes it worthwhile taking the trouble to do so is proven in the knowledge that anything required will be done properly.
    I had a full service, along with new rear arms, as the originals were showing signs of wear and camber plates fitted, they make a very noticeable difference.
    I also had a new clutch and flywheel, my original was juddering, and I opted for an uprated clutch and lightweight flywheel, very light to use now, but you need to apply a few more revs than before to get a smooth takeoff from standstill. Other work Gerry carried out was mostly preventative, at my request, such as a new insulated alternator cable, braided fuel lines, new oem starter motor, and the biggest job....removal of the manifolds and cam covers to safety wire the oil rails. I decided once the manifolds were off, it would be a shame not to tidy them up, so Gerry stripped and repainted them silver along with the cam covers in black.
    Gerry also fitted a stainless exhaust system I ordered from PD Gough, and when I collected the car it was a lot noisier than I expected. They had agreed to fabricate an exact replica of the factory system from the cats back, but they instead eliminated the center resonator, and used baffled pipes in their place. The fit of the system was however perfect. I have since called them, and they have recently sent replacement mid silencer sections at no cost.
    Thanks Gerry, as usual top notch .
    Steve

• Hi Steve,

Thanks for the compliments.

Your manifolds were powdercoated black and then overpainted along the runners in an Audi colour 2-pack polyurethane silver so should last a very long time.

It's worth pointing out to your readers how your banjo bolts were backed-out completely and were only still in due to the lack of clearance with the cam covers allowing them to fall out completely. Can't remember but I believe 4 were like this and one oil rail was damaged too.

I also did the cam timing whilst I had the covers off.

How does the back end feel now with the new urethane bushed trailing arms and how does the front feel with those camberplates?

It looks like you have been cleaning the rest of the engine bay now the top of the engine looks good.

Cheers,

Gerry.

• Yes Gerry, been cleaning the engine bay, looks almost new now, although I have always kept it clean.
    Your memory is correct, four bolts had backed out, and I still have the old oil rail. The front feels a lot sharper on turn in with the camber plates, and tyre scrub, which is a feature of these heavy cars, seems to have gone. They really are a worthwhile modification. I do notice the rear feels a little tidier, and well planted also, when driving on secondary roads.
    The journey back to Pembroke docks from your place was effortless, but I never remembered the stereo would need the code after you replaced the batteries, and had the five hour drive without any music!!:banghead:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!