Help Getting Cap Off

• As posted yesterday, I'm sending the Alpina for paint this week. Does anyone know how to remove the washer filler cap on the right side of the back - under the trunk lid above the bumper? I have not seen one on a US car, but have on non-US cars.

Here is a picture. The cap I am referring to is just to the left and below the right rear lights.

BMW 850 CSi
    BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America
    Editor, E31 NEWS International E31 Newsletter

• I might be wrong but I think this only comes on vehicles fitted with headlight cleaning. To the best of my knowledge it is simply a plug type fixing that pops out and contains a fine mesh filter.

Good luck with the project!

Cheers
    Graham

• Rigt I've done this a couple of times....

You need to remove the trunk finisher piece along the back inside the trunk...
    My filler cap/neck was held onto the rubber hose by a cable tie, cut it and then it should push up and out. `don't pull the flap it will break.....
    Fitting back can be a bitch so have a practice before it's got it's new paint on!!!

Alex

• I did try and delete my post as after reading it again, it wasn't in the slightest amusing. Sadly I couldn't see how to delete so I expect I'll get a punch in the chops at some meeting this year!:harhar:

• Zitat von sandwich;97018

I did try and delete my post as after reading it again, it wasn't in the slightest amusing. Sadly I couldn't see how to delete so I expect I'll get a punch in the chops at some meeting this year!:harhar:

Hay...as long as we all have fun:devilchilli:no problem.

Thanks everyone for the tips.

BMW 850 CSi
    BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America

• Got it out last night...thanks for all the advice.

BMW 850 CSi

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!