head lights

• hi there,
    when i switch the lights on, the low beam goes on normally until the pop up unit reaches the top(one side only), a short happens or something and the low beam dwindles down and the fog light comes on. a friend told me that it seems to take the earthing from the mechanism going up and down and there lies my problem. what could the experts possibly say to :help:. im ready to fix it my self because i spent so much on this car its sacrilegious:banghead: thanks in advance.

• The heat of the engine and the lamps themselfs make the insulation hard over the years and it brittles.
    Take a look at the wiring both inside the lamp and also along the lamp assembly.
    The wiring is wrapped in a black textile tape which is probably also stone hard.
    Recently I removed this tape from an old lamp wiring and on some parts of it the wires were blank.
    You can also disconnect the connectors on both side and with a multi meter check for shorts.

Cheers,
    Steve

• thanks Steve:top: i just finished checking the wires, they were barely holding on. once i pulled on the wires a bit two broke off. the low and high beam. all fixed now:)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!