• What kind of report about?

I ask if anyone knows the history of this car because I like it and want to buy them. I care about without a car accident.
    Looking for White 8er, preferably with a bright interior. Engine 5.4 or 4.4.

Regards
    Peter

• Hi Kuchel, I think that what 8Harry8 meant was that 8coupe is a source for information on individual cars and there may be some additional information available there. You would have to register though before you can view any information. Information typically available on 8coupe would be the individual build details showing what specifications the car has, who is the current owner, whether the car was scrapped etc
    Since the car you're considering is in the USA, it's probably a good idea to also ask for information on one fo the USA based forums, I would recommend trying bimmerforums.com which has a section for the 8 series.
    Bear in mind that if you're looking for a 5.4 ltr V12 that there are no too many of those around and your search may take a little longer.

Looking at the ebay listing for the above car, it looks to be in good condition but buying at a distance is always risky. Again, I recommend trying the USA based forums for more help, maybe someone on the boards know this particular car and might be able to help you further.

Here's a link to the Bimmerforums 8 series section: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55

• Thank you for your help, I was looking for 8 coupe but has not registered the car.
    I signed up already on the Bimmer forums. I'll see what I find there.

Regards
    Peter

• Not all cars that are archived have been registered by their owners. 8Coupe.com currently has >2000 registered owners in the database but more than 7500 archived cars. The pretty much new archive check on the front page allows for a quick check what kinds and numbers of files are stored in the archive.
    This can be current and earlier sales ads, pictures, Autocheck or Carfax files etc.

Importing a car from the US will definitely pose a few problems not the least of them that US cars are not built to ECE standards and as such are not that easy to register simply because of the lack of supporting paperwork (e.g. COC paper). In a nutshell: over here the registration dept will check the type code of the car (in this case EG43) and compare with the database. ECE M73 always had EG41 as type code and permissions for the registration and use in all countries where ECE rules are in place will exist. Depending on how strict such rulings are implemented it can be that the department responsible to tackle such re-importation matters will ask you to provide all kinds of documents pertaining to the claimed identity of a EG43 type car with EG41 ECE spec cars. BMW will very likely not be of any assistance here.

If I were you I´d rather try and find an ECE spec M73, no matter where.

Cheers
    Reinhard

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!