Someone putting words in your mouth?

• Apologies in advance because what follows is not necessarily what I wrote, this being the point to the thread. Sound familiar?

Some may have seen my recent posts in other threads relating to this phenomenon.

Am I being incredibly stupid? I can't see how.

It is hard to give examples due to the nature of the problem, but the words I type in the message box become swapped in position or replaced with a totally different word when saved. Punctuation and spacing also changes.

If I edit the post, when it appears back in the edit message box it is as I typed it. Click save and it reverts to a sort of pigeon English, somewhat like the instructions from a cheap foreign TV that have been literally translated from the native tongue.

It really is becoming quite annoying now. Any ideas please.

• Progress; what I am seeing is not how others view things.

I have opened the same posts on my phone and they are fine, just as I wrote them, thus it has to be the local settings on the machine I am experiencing problems with.

Please be patient with me as I try a few things out on this thread.
    Going to change editor in settings in user, as no nasties found on my drives.

• GOOGLE TRANSLATOR! Ha!

I think the live translate has been running and caused the problem.

The editor settings in user CP made no difference.

Although my default language in user CP is English Google live translate seems to start and translate the 8er pages in to rubbish. I hadn't noticed. Back to normal now it's not running.

Looks like I really was being "incredibly stupid". Sorry for all the fuss, but at least it may help someone else who suffers with Stanley Unwin syndrome in future.

I need a break. Fire up the 8!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!