2013-06 int. E31 meeting in Wien

• Ok,I managed to make the transfer... Thanks Jack.

2000 tii lux. 1971
    E31 850CSI 1994
    E24 M6. 1987
    E24 633. 1982
    E36 316. 1995
    Polski Fiat 125p 1972
    Gaz 69 1972

• Hi All
    Someone knows a nice Hotel around Munchen ?
    A part of French delegation will stop there on Thursday night and again on Monday night.
    May be we could meet others @ Munchen on Friday morning to go all together to Wien ?
    Let us know.

Cheers

Antonin TEYSSIER
    A votre écoute et de bonne humeur ;)

Président
    BMW Club Serie 8 France

Secretary
    BMW 8er Club International

• hey Jack,
    I know the Langue d'oc from south of France of course and Languedoc-Roussillon is a region located southern France and Montpellier is the main city. There is also a language from north of France with is called Langue d'Oil!

To all,
    Anyway, I would like to ask you guys which one is the best route to take from Paris to Vienna?
    We will take the A4 going East through Reims, Metz...
    - Then either towards Saarbrucken A6/E50, A61, A6 all the way to Nurnberg and A8 towards Linz then A1 to Vienna.
    - Or take A4 from Paris to Strasbourg then in Germany take the A5 to Karlsruhe and A8 towards Stuttgart and Munich then Salzburg and A1 towards Vienna.

Which route is best in terms of road quality 2 or 3 lanes, scenery, time according to traffic and work on the road, distance?

Please advise.
    Many Thanks for help.

Que la 8 soit avec vous!:driver:
    May the 8 be with you and for always!:winkwink:

Fabrice

• Hi Jack

Could you give us the address for Monday BBQ, just to know if it is far from Vienna (Est or West) and near a highway to organized our trip back to Paris.
    Thanks

Antonin TEYSSIER
    A votre écoute et de bonne humeur ;)

Président
    BMW Club Serie 8 France

Secretary
    BMW 8er Club International

• Hi Antonin -

Sorry Antonin, my planned Monday barbecue is a no go :burnout: - due to heavy work load before, during and after the much bigger Rally than I had originally planned - but you are very welcome to stop by for a drink :drink1:- it is more or less on the way west :driver:- with easy A-1 Autobahn connections.

Bergsiedlung 44, A-2572 Kaumberg

Cheers, Jack :mrgreen-angel:

• Hi Jimmy Boy - :winkwink:

Take the northern route posted by Micha - he is correct about Munchen.

Additionally, the route is shorter (1085 KM total), has less mountain curves and limits, usually less construction, more lanes and the biggest positive gain is you will avoid most of the annual German/Netherlands/UK SUMMER camping trek which will turn the southern route and Alpine Pass approaches into TIN GLACIERS :banghead:

From the German border count on circa 8 hours to VIE - maybe 6 hours if all goes well :driver:- my best time from Mannheim to VIE was 4 hours 45 minutes in a BMW 325i on Easter Sunday morning starting at 0100 AM in 1987...

Cheers, Jack :mrgreen-angel:

• Hi Jack

Just a quick one , was there a dinner planned Saturday evening somewhere?
    Wonder if I did see this beeing discussed :think: but could not find it looking ( quicly )

Looking forward to come , and Car is nearly ready now :race:

Regards
    Terje

• Sad to hear that Hocky -
    But, we will send you photos - and see you
    :driver: next time...

Best wishes to you and Immi, Jack :mrgreen-angel:

Zitat von hocky;111309

Unfortunately we can not come to the rally in Vienna, I'll email the hotel and cancel our room.
    I hope you all will have a nice weekend in Vienna.

Hocky / Immi

• Hi Terje - :winkwink:

YES - but nothing formal.

At 1800 SATURDAY - we will take the RALLY TOUR BUS from VIE Altstadt to PRATER CIRCUS and eat at the SCHWEIZERHAUS BEER GARDEN - outside, casual, dirndles, jeans, rides - grilled foods etc...

The ALPINA RIESENRAD PARTY has been cancelled due to timing conflicts.

However, everyone can eat dinner wherever they wish at PRATER - or stay in VIE at a restaurant of their choice - or eat at our hotel...

The RALLY TOUR bus will leave PRATER for our hotel at 2100 - 850 pilots/crew can go to pRATER earlier, or later or not at all - or go back to the hotel whenever they wish to...
    MY GOAL IS NO PRESSURE, NO STRESS...
    :rofl:

Go here:

http://prater.at/Attraktionen/

Schweizerhaus Wien - Biergarten & Restaurant

www.schweizerhaus.at
    FINAL RALLY PLAN :driver:and PILOT/CREW ROSTER :harhar: will be published 30 MAY

See you soon - Viking-at-Heart Jack :mrgreen-angel:

========================================

• Hallo Leute!

Leider muß ich meine (unsere) Teilnahme aus privaten & beruflichen Gründen absagen.
    Wie vieleicht manche schon mitbekommen habe bin ich seit 1.Mai in einem neuen Unternehmen tätig.
    Dies erfordert im Moment viel Zeit an Einarbeitung/Schulung ect..
    Des weiteren kommen noch Private Umstände dazu die mir im Moment sehr viel Zeit in Anspruch nehmen.
    Des weiteren ist leider mein 8er immer noch in der Garage.. und wie es im Moment aussieht wird er dort auch noch eine Zeit bleiben.

Ich wünsche euch viel Spaß!!!

@ Jack!
    Es werden somit mein Zimmer als auch das Doppelzimmer von Hans-Peter frei!

Eine entsprechende Meldung sende ich noch heute an das Hotel!

Alles Gute!!!
    Und auf ein baldiges Wiedersehen!!

lg Richard

Alle sagten es geht nicht, bis einer kam der das nicht wusste und es einfach machte...:winkwink:

• Hallo Leute!

Leider muß ich meine (unsere) Teilnahme aus privaten & beruflichen Gründen absagen.
    Wie vieleicht manche schon mitbekommen habe bin ich seit 1.Mai in einem neuen Unternehmen tätig.
    Dies erfordert im Moment viel Zeit an Einarbeitung/Schulung ect..
    Des weiteren kommen noch Private Umstände dazu die mir im Moment sehr viel Zeit in Anspruch nehmen.
    Des weiteren ist leider mein 8er immer noch in der Garage.. und wie es im Moment aussieht wird er dort auch noch eine Zeit bleiben.

Ich wünsche euch viel Spaß!!!

@ Jack!
    Es werden somit mein Zimmer als auch das Doppelzimmer von Hans-Peter frei!

Eine entsprechende Meldung sende ich noch heute an das Hotel!

Alles Gute!!!
    Und auf ein baldiges Wiedersehen!!

Lg Richard

Alle sagten es geht nicht, bis einer kam der das nicht wusste und es einfach machte...:winkwink:

• Ach wie schade!
    Hatten uns schon auf Euch Beide gefreut!

So ist es der Erfahrung gemäß, daß das Gelbe einen durchaus warmen und behaglichen Eindruck mache.
    Das Auge wird erfreut, das Herz ausgedehnt, das Gemüt erheitert, eine unmittelbare Wärme scheint uns anzuwehen.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!