Thats how you should treat your e31.

• Looks great, i'm also interested to know how much the hit was...?

I'm also interested to know what you mean by 'he did the arches' exactly... was there any paintwork involved, touching up, anything at all like that?

great stuff Graham!

• Richard at Refined Detail works on an hourly rate only. When I first spoke to him about some work a few months ago it was £25/hr but it has gone up to £30/hr. He spent 10hrs on my car and I was very comfortable with the price because I just know I could never have achieved what he did and believe me, I enjoy doing this kind of work. He is extremely busy and is now booking after Xmas. It was no surprise his rate went up because it is the only way he could possibly control demand. He tells me that 90hrs work a week is not uncommon:shock2:

No paintwork involved BB, but I must confess I had no idea the arches would come up so clean. I honestly thought they were all black! The inside of the wheels and the arches had never been cleaned like this in 22 years.

Having taken the back break out of it I can now look forward to maintaining it in this condition.

Cheers guys

Graham

• Thanks for reply G.
    Did the general paintwork, eg the body of the car get any detailing, or was it just the engine bay/ arches/ behind wheels?
    thanks if u can be bothered with that one [my guess is, it didn't, not enough time in 10 hours]

• Zitat von BBMatic;113881

Thanks for reply G.
    Did the general paintwork, eg the body of the car get any detailing, or was it just the engine bay/ arches/ behind wheels?
    thanks if u can be bothered with that one [my guess is, it didn't, not enough time in 10 hours]

Just as you guessed BB, it was just the engine bay, wheels and arches. I thought that was quite impressive in 10hrs.

Wayne, I know you will get there because you have done it before!!

Cheers
    Graham

• Correct, this is Peter Rice's old CSi and is now owned by another Peter who also owns a Concours 840Ci. The cars are maintained here at Phoenix and the CSi was last here in August 2012 and is due back next month for its annual service.

Apart from PIAA bulbs which replaced the retrofitted HID's, the car is absolutely stock and as good mechanically as it is cosmetically. The car has recently benefitted from 4 brand new wheels, not refurbs and our rear strut reinforcements, I even gave him my original BMW keyfob from my CSi as I have some minor mods to my car and am not really into the Concours thing anyway.

Overall, one of the best cars in the UK, and owned by a really nice chap who deserves it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!