Need help with making an alpina hood.

• Zitat von BBMatic;105049

How will you determine the positioning and spacing of the vents? Are you going ENGL (or similar) and then simply deciding yourself where on the bonnet you want them?

I have the measurments and position of the louvers.
    They will be welded in. I just need the center one.
    I have a friend who will make them.

• can't help too much with the centre vent as i didn't use the alpina one. once you remove the accoustic matting from the bonnet you'll see that the pointy end of the NACA duct need to placed directly behind the central section of the bonnet frame. Any further back and you won't be able to duct it into the fuel rails. i used a 200mm duct. i think alpina's is more like 300mm.

a word of warning i read on this site. don't weld anything to the bonnet as it will distort. i've never used a welder so i can't validate this. i glued a frame to the underside of the bonnet and glued the vents to that.

stevep840 and i both started vented bonnets at the same time (around february). we both used the above method and didn't weld the vents.

the photo from the underside shows that the vent follows the frame on the outside and the front of the bonnet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!