Floor mats with "8" on them - available anywhere?

• If anyone knows if the original mats (or a copy) are available anywhere, please let me know.. :top:
    If not, I'd appreciate recommendations for the best, most OEM looking aftermarket jobs in case anyone got a set that just felt 100% correct?

Actual Part No for the mats i want is : 82119413283 (anthracite RHD)

thanks

• Damn. I suppose we have AHK, Euro lights, rear window blinds, CSi bodyparts, Webasto (even if these are seemingly mostly unused), sports seats, Individual freebie goodies etc so its perfectly reasonable that they get the mats when we can't.

:laugh:

[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"]apologies to our American friends.. i jest. They mostly have more pimped up 8ers than mine anyway :oops:

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Edit to add: Just realised that actually of all the Euro 8ers we Brits are pretty much the only fools can't get them :roll:

• Thanks for suggestions SteveP and Dave. Back to the drawing board maybe.. the mats i've got are at least OEM and the only one showing any real wear is the drivers so maybe i'll just stick where i am. Not too keen on most of these aftermarket jobs.

• Zitat von BBMatic;106872

Back to the drawing board maybe.. the mats i've got are at least OEM and the only one showing any real wear is the drivers so maybe i'll just stick where i am. Not too keen on most of these aftermarket jobs.

I am inclined to agree with you, the after market ones just lack quality. Have you thought about having a template cut and a bespoke one made?

Try and vary your heel position.

Cheers
    Graham

• Zitat von Nifty50;106887

I am inclined to agree with you, the after market ones just lack quality. Have you thought about having a template cut and a bespoke one made?

Try and vary your heel position.

Cheers
    Graham

Mine are aftermarket Bespoke:dontknow:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von stevep840;106891

Mine are aftermarket Bespoke:dontknow:

Bespoke means made to your specification.
    Aftermarket generally implies "near enough will be good enough"

But I think you already knew that:poke:

• Zitat von Nifty50;106899

Bespoke means made to your specification.
    Aftermarket generally implies "near enough will be good enough"

But I think you already knew that :poke:

Get Off that very high horse & tell me why you wish to imply I'm a t*at:laugh:

Graham Old son, I had my Mats made to my Spec cost £120 not £ 29.99:devilchilli: I figure I'm wasting my time:help:

• I have had many mats done by Autostyle over the years- including two for my 8 and they are always excellent. They should be able to get very close to the original look -and they'll be of at least the same quality.

Jaap

1996 840Ci
    1990 964 RS
    1985 Turbo Esprit

• Zitat von stevep840;106901

I had my Mats made to my Spec cost £120

Hopefully I'm not on a high horse but did you pay £120 for those blue edged nightmares in the photo Steve? :toothbrush:

• Zitat von Wildatheart;106902

I have had many mats done by Autostyle over the years- including two for my 8 and they are always excellent. They should be able to get very close to the original look -and they'll be of at least the same quality.

Thanks Jaap. They look ok.. but no way of telling what the pile is like, I prefer short?

• Annoying thing is one of the mats just above the yellow has an edging that looks narrower, and rounded.
    Or is that just me?

I must say the yellow one looks naff anyway and I'll be truly bonkers to pursue this tacky idea. Yellow E31s did not come with yellow edged mats.

Then again, some would call the idea of a yellow car tacky in itself. And they would be wrong. Some doubted my intent to add cheap eBay yellow film to my FTPs - and they were wrong. Perhaps, while we can all see those black and yellow mats look naff in pretty much any context - they will somehow look amazing when installed in my car? I find this plausible on the basis that I think it is technically impossible to make my car look bad without giving it some pretty drastic surgery, ie, chop the nose off and just leave bare wires, wreckage, etc. Even then, I reckon it would look pretty cool albeit going through a bad patch.

E31s, after all, were designed at a time when some people had terrible taste. There must have been some bozos that went out and got black and yellow mats to go with their yellow 8? I too can be one of those bozos.

For sure, they could add drama to my otherwise quite mundane life.

• Update - had the genius idea - hit me like a thunderbolt -
    I could get black mats with BLACK edging. Classy, understated, serene.

This thread just keeps on giving, best mats thread ever.

• Zitat von BBMatic;106903

Hopefully I'm not on a high horse but did you pay £120 for those blue edged nightmares in the photo Steve? :toothbrush:

BB you & I will always be at the opposite end of everything:harhar: i'm a Shag pile sort of whereas you O'wd fella seem very much a Coconut matting sort:kiss:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!