M70 camshaft ( sizing ).

• As i am still suffering from the damn ticking noise and lifters should be ok ( 2 years old ) , levers should be ok ( 2 years old ), oil pressure is ok ( when displayed at the MID it is within the range... oil pump chain is ok, no unbolted screws at the oil pump, banjo bolts fixed ), it is time to open the valve covers again and check the camshaft and all the related stuff... ( including lifters and levers )

Past time i worked at the engine.. i took some measures for the cams... ( aprox 35mm at the base circle + lobe lift ) but would like to know if somebody have real numbers about its size ( when good )

Thanks.

• I have a spare set in my basement, but I'm offshore at work so I cant measure them.
    Once I get home on monday evening I just have 32 hours and I will be on a flight to Korea, so I'm not I will be able to do a measurement then either.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Thanks Noggie. Do not worry about this,as some members of the Spain E31 club have taken some different measures on different camshafts and the values shown seem to be the right ones across different engines ( M70 on an E31 / E32 or S70 at a CSI ).

Now it is time to work again at the car to check what happens... ( my guess is that some of the crappy lifters i bought have failed... but who knows... ).. If lifters are the main cause, then next ones will be directly from the "stealer"....

PD:... have a good trip !!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!