Calling UK folks - where to live between Bristol and London?

• Well, as the title suggests, I'm looking for some suggestions.
    Currently we're living near Hastings on the South East coast and I work part time in London meaning a commute of almost 2 hours at an annual cost of just over £4,500. My wife has just started working full time in Bristol and we're now looking for options.
    If we all move to Bristol and I then commute to London from there, the journey time is about the same but the rail cost jumps to just over £11,000 which would mean that my part time job wouldn't be worth doing as my net salary would pretty much all go on the rail fare.
    We're thinking about moving somewhere mid way-ish between London and Bristol so that both of us would have a reasonable and affordable commute (ideally a direct commute with no changes needed).
    We're looking for somewhere nice, with good schools and with rental prices at a decent level (budget would be about £1000pcm for a min 3 bed family house).

Does anyone have any good suggestions?
    Thanks for the help!

• Beaconsfield
    Swindon
    Reading...yuck
    Winchester? Quite staggeringly beautiful.

Bath? - "Romans do it wearing toga's"!!

Oxford ?????

My friend lives in Borehamwood, Herts and is looking at houses in Barnet. It takes about 45 minutes via bus and tube to get to Picadilly Circus I quite like the area he lives in, although he thinks Borehamwood is like Bosnia.

Basingstoke is where my brother lives, it's very quick into Waterloo about 40-45 mins and at's also in the London Corridor.

Richard
    840 Ci Individual
    1995 factory CSi sport kit
    Ferrari 599 GT Red
    Hong Kong

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!