revcounter + speedo inop

• Hi all;
    A non forum member is having problems with his recently purchased 850I sixspeed.
    The rev counter and the speedo don't move.
    He has swapped the clocks. and changed the moduels controling the dash.
    the ABS and traction lights both come on and go off as normal but the clocks are inop.

• [list=n][*]When you write "exchanged the clocks" do you mean just the speedo/tacho gauges or the entire instrument cluster?
    [*]What does the odometer say - normal mileage or EEEE?
    [*]Do the fuel and temperature gauges work?
    [*]Does the digital speed display on the MID indicate the correct speed (service menu 8)?[/list]

• Zitat von revtor;115148
    • When you write "exchanged the clocks" do you mean just the speedo/tacho gauges or the entire instrument cluster?
    • What does the odometer say - normal mileage or EEEE?
    • Do the fuel and temperature gauges work?
    • Does the digital speed display on the MID indicate the correct speed (service menu 8)?

here is his problem. I am not in direct contact with him, I am in contact with the guy who sold him the replacement cluster.

I have a 1992 BMW e31 850i with the M70 12 cyl engine.

My instrument cluster is not functioning properly. The lights on the cluster work fine. However, the gas, temp, tach and speedometer needles don't move. I have tried the test mode by pushing the tripometer and holding when turning the key to the on position. When I do this all lights function properly and all gauges move from pin to pin.

I have replaced all fuses in both trunk and under hood. I bought a used replacement cluster and put it in the car and have the exact same symptoms. Thus, I don't believe the problem lies within the cluster. It appears to be a communication issue or a power problem to the gauges. Please help getting very frustrated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!