• I thought I'd post a quick few lines on the Idle Control Valve. Just cleaned mine the other day with a little solvent (alcohol) and then re-lubricated the rotor with a few drops of engine oil, such that rolling the body of the valve back and forth, the internal rotor could be felt to spin freely with its inertia. This has made a noticeable improvement on engine starting, with engine revs briefly touching 2000, before quickly settling at 700. I had cleaned the ICV a couple of years ago, when the car was stalling at junctions, but over time. it gets dirty again. So, it appears that it's worth cleaning it once in a while. It's just under the plastic engine cover, at the front and easily pulls out from the rubber gromet and clamp.

• Well done Arnie! It is worth repeating what it says in the TIS - don't try to spin the innards around with your finger as it may damage the unit. Having repeated that, I've spun the innards around with no detrimental effect.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!