• It’s fair to say my motivation has been “patchy” but in the last 18 months since my last post, I have driven about 500 miles, not great. The problem is it looks crap, and has a few faults that make it hard to live with, so when the choice is do I drive my wonderful Alfa or the 340i Touring that I recently added to my embarrassingly large fleet of cars, then the choice is rarely the 850i. When I do drive it, I get reminded what a great car it is. Mechanically it’s almost completely sorted so it drives really well, so with that in mind I have decided to spend a load more cash on it. I took it to a body shop place recommended by the mechanic that did the underside and judging by the array of old Porsches they were renovating it looks like the right place. They had a very flash looking paint booth, not that I know what a good paint booth looks like, but it looked flashy. So they are going to strip it down, cut out any rot, and do a bare metal respray. They need the car until March. It’s going to cost around £5k for the respray and another £1500 for the repairs. The phrase “good money after bad” seems fairly appropriate, but so does “in for a penny in for a pound”. I’m buzzing about it to be honest.

• You may be slow - but you ARE committed!

P.S. Mine's probably just as rusty - but being Mora Metallic it doesn't show until you are rudely close. Silver or white is not a good colour to have in this climate....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!