Alpina at the Zentrum

• I have been asked to display the B12 at the BMW Zentrum Museum in Spartansburg, South Carolina where the USA BMW Factory is located. I have been restoring the car for over the past 2 years, and hope to get it started this weekend! They have asked to display the car in association with the 25th Anniversary of the introduction of the E31. I will post pictures as soon as it is placed into the Museum.

BMW 850 CSi
    BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America
    Editor, E31 NEWS International E31 Newsletter

• Sounds very good Roger :top:

If we think back some years ago, where No one of BMW really wanted to have an 8 Series around and now, some years later with the work of enthusiasts like you, our 8 Series are back and become slowly real secrets for the future collectors.
    Luckely we had the chance to present 3 of our 8 Series Cars some days ago in Germany at the "Hockenheim" GP Race track during a Motocycle oldtimer GP. I did really not expect any of the motocycle Fans to look around for an 8, so I was really more than surprised about the comments, when we got off the Race Track back to the stand :mrgreen:

• Fredi - we are finding that out too. It seems as time goes on, more and more people are becoming interrested in the 8 series. Good for all of us!

BMW 850 CSi
    BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America

• Seems so in Norway at least where there lately have only been a low number for sale at anytime, a few years back there where 15 for sale at any time now there is from 1 to 5 for sale.
    Still prices don’t seem to go up , at best they are stabilized.

Roger its has been a pleasure following your tread on fixing that car back to factory new state and think it has given me and several others the motivation to fix and restore other 8 series.

Zitat von rogbmw;121994

Fredi - we are finding that out too. It seems as time goes on, more and more people are becoming interrested in the 8 series. Good for all of us!

Regards
    Terje

• Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I had a slight set back this weekend. I went to start the car for the first time in over 2 years, and coolant started coming out in the passenger footwell. I had replaced the original heater core and pipe during the restoration with a brand new BMW units and O-rings, and so I had to take part of the dash apart to check. Well - the BRAND NEW Heater core is leaking on the top right corner where the plastic and metal are joined together! So - I have ordered another replacement from BMW, but it just adds to all the other items I am trying to finish.....

BMW 850 CSi

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!