Body Module Coding

• I had BWW read code faults relating to my headlamp washers - this threw up two pumps, one level sensor and the Body Relay Module: 61351383411 As the costs for the module was horrendous I purchased a second-hand one. Can anyone tell me if this module has to be coded so that it recognises the car has having headlamp washers? As it was second-hand I do not know if the donor car had headlamp washers or not. Thanks :help:

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• Yes, the general module (GM), as it is commonly referred to, does require coding unless it came from a car with exactly the same options. Following items might not work without recoding if the donor car was not equipped with it:

• Sunroof
    • Headlight washers
    • Speed-dependent wiper pressure control (only relevant if the donor module is from the US which did not get this feature)
    • Door lock heating (not relevant to your '99 since the door lock heating coils were no longer installed starting from January 1995)

Additionally, if the donor module came from a left-hand drive model (assuming yours is a UK right-hand drive model) you will find the window switches operating the windows on the opposite side of what you are used to.

Recoding the module is very easy and only a few minutes work, but obviously it requires access to a BMW diagnostic system. In BMW DIS/SSS: "[3] ZCS/FA CODING" --> "[1] E31 Series" --> "[1] Recoding" --> "[11] GM (ZKE II)".

Please note that if the donor module has a software version older than 40 (November 1993) some minor functionality, like triggering the interior lights with the remote keyfob, will not work (not even after recoding).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!