Back in the 8 again

• After 3 years 9 months sitting idle, I'm glad to be back :winkwink:

For a multitude of reasons including, getting remarried, renovating our house etc ...... but the main one being my insurance company deciding after taking 3 yrs premiums they would not insure me due to an illness I had now 7 years ago. Thankfully all resolved now :top:

Driving the Mini has been lots of fun and economical, but it's not an 8 !

After replacing the batteries, discs, all the fluids, tyres, filters, calipers refurbished etc etc, CC66550 fired up first time and sounded probably as good as the day she left the factory.
    An MOT with NO advisories, after sitting idle for such a length of time is truly a testament to how well these cars were put together.
    I've done about 800 miles so far and the feeling of driving my 8 again is sometimes overwhelming....:driver:

I've planned a few mods, which I really should have done before now, starting with a steering wheel closely followed by centre arm rest.

There are 10 types of people in this world,
    those who understand binary code,
    and those who don't !

• Well done Alex, another UK E31 back on the roads! My other car is a Mini - and they are good fun, a bit like a go-kart, buy you can't beat a well-running 8-Series.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!