Beware: HEL Braided Brake Pipes - Ebay

• Please be aware that the HEL braided brake pipes sold on Ebay do not work with the E31 rear calipers, despite stating they do.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2212…geName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The BMW calliper has a recessed hole for the brake pipe fitting. The HEL pipes have a very narrow stainless "nut" on the fitting. When the brake pipe is screwed into the calliper, the nut is partially hidden inside the recess and you cannot get a spanner on it to tighten sufficiently to prevent leaks. This is even after fitting the copper washer. I am having to enter a return request with the supplier. Fortunately I had removed the original rubber hoses carefully so could refit them. I then flushed the system with DOT 5.1 fluid.
    8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/30754/

• Angus the Goodridge lines don't use the washer, the threaded section is long enough that the seal is made at the bottom of the hole in the caliper with the end of the fitting on the line, same on the fronts. I have Hels on the bikes and rate them, may be a generic fitting issue by a vendor that's not done his homework?

• I heard back from the Vendor - apparently HEL defines the specification for each model variant and has listed the incorrect male fitting on the pipes. It should have an extended fitting (as you have described) - the vendor has offered to rectify with the correct fitting.

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!