Washer Jet Pipes Leaking

• I was getting poor spray pattern from my washer jets, despite cleaning them out with a pin. Then I discovered the pipes were leaking where they fit onto the "T" pieces and onto the jet bodies under the bonnet. The cheap clips had lost their grip and needed replacing. I found these on Ebay and they are just the job:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2624…geName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Make sure you put the clip onto the "T" piece first, then push the pipe onto the "T" piece, over the "hump" then feed the clip over the end of the pipe as you push it fully home. It's a really close fit, but when you then clamp them up they are really water tight! Full pressure back again so I can spray the guy behind! :laugh:

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• No Timm, I just used a small pair of electrical end-cutting nippers: Like - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Knip…m:m5tNobUY8nCWqzbnvoa__JQ

I did find that the damn headlamp washer pump was leaking from the vent hole between the pump impeller and the motor. This is the third pump I have bought for the car over the years and, as they are a sealed unit, I thought irreparable. They are no longer available and there are no substitutions. I did locate one on Ebay but the guy wants £168 + £20 delivery!!! They were only £86.33+VAT when I bought the last one from BMW in 2015 just 250 miles ago!! As it is over a year and was a factory order it is not under warranty or returnable. Cheap crap is all I can say.

So I found a small piece of plastic sheet and cut it to size to cover the hole: Super-glued it in place then covered the whole with reinforcing powdered resin and activated with super-glue. That did the trick!

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!