All bulb warnings coming on after battery chance?

• Morning all,

I recently fitted 2 new batteries into my 840 sport, since doing that however as soon as I turn the ignition on I get warnings for pretty much all of the bulb failures which it runs through in sequence. I've tripple checked all the connctions and battery earth points in the boot and cant get the errors to go away, has anyone seen this before? Any hints greatly aprreciated as its stopping me getting the car MOT'd to put back on the road.

Regards

Des

• First question is: Do the lights work? Or is this just a error in reporting?

I have seen this problem before (but on my E32) - it was caused by an electrically noisy headlight-leveling motor. As the motor operated it bunged out huge positive and negative spikes into the wiring looms - and as the LKM checked each bulb these spikes caused errors in deciding whether the lights were working. In the case of the E32 the loom to the headlight-leveling motors could be disconnected in isolation.

So, in that case the lights were leveled and then the loom to the motor(s) could be disconnected permanently. After that no errors were bunged up in error. All Euro E31's have headlight leveling motors for the dipped beam units - but disconnecting is not so easy as there is not a separate loom - although there may be a way to disconnect the loom from withing the pop-up light enclosures.

I think what I would do is disconnect the pop-up lights and the connectors and see if this stops errors for the remaining lights - worth a go!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!